Everyone who indulges in sexual behavior is at risk of contracting Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs). However, we get worried about getting tested due to the lack of privacy or confidentiality.
While it is possible that you or anyone close to you may not be sure about their condition, getting an STD test is very important, and the first step towards getting early treatment before things get worse. Now, with Global Background Screening (GBS), you can order a STD test without anyone knowing.
Why you should order a STD Test
It is really important to get tested if you think you have contracted STDs. This is because some of them could cause severe health problems if they do not get treated.
1. Symptoms may not show
You may be showing no symptoms of infection, yet you are infected. This is common since many STDs may not show any physical symptoms for years. Studies have shown that up to 95% of women and 90% of men infected with Chlamydia show no infection signs. So it is hard to know whether you or your partner is infected if you do not get tested. The fact that you appear healthy makes you spread the infection easily without knowing.
2. Easy and Fast Testing Process
Many people believe that the STD testing process is long and hard to bear for reasons like lacking privacy and confidentiality. People also get ashamed of visiting a specialist to get tested. On many occasions, all that is required is just a swab of the affected region or urine. GBS provides home testing kits sent to your door to take your samples and send them for testing. This makes the process easier and more confidential.
3. You may need a few STD tests.
It is essential to know that it is unnecessary to perform tests for all STDs. Depending on your lifestyle, you need to be tested for STDs that are more likely to infect you.
● For sexually active individuals: If you are sexually active, at some point, you should be tested for HIV/AIDS. Women should also test for gonorrhea and Chlamydia as they may be infected but less likely to show symptoms.
● People Indulging in unprotected sex: If you don’t plan to use a condom with your new partner, it is advised for both of you to go for STD tests first. If you have been exposed, here is when you should have a reliable test from the time of exposure:
- Gonorrhea and Chlamydia: 14 days
- Syphilis: 7 days and three months
- Hepatitis C, B, and HIV: Between six weeks and three months after exposure.
● High-Risk Groups: If you have multiple sex partners or have sex with commercial sex workers, you are at risk of getting infected with HIV, Hepatitis C, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, or Syphilis.
4. Tests Are Readily Available
You may not feel comfortable speaking to a doctor or a specialist about STD and STI. If this is you, there is a solution.
Since Global Background Screening understands the importance of privacy and confidentiality when going through a STD test, we've made it possible to have a fully anonymous STD test in mulitple ways. Our STD testing provides you with two options; Anonymous Blood Lab Test and In-Home Testing Kit.
This option is available for US residents only. The anonymous blood lab test can be found in all the USA's 50 states and between 5-10 miles within your location. It takes 5 minutes or less to get this done!
Growing our network of labs, GBS has partnered with testing labs in different locations where you can choose from. After selecting a location, simply pay and show up at the lab. After you provide your samples, you receive a secure email or text (whatever you prefer) with results within 1-2 days.
No results are stored in your medical records, as the process does not need your insurance. Only you will know about the test.
Order a STD Home Kit Testing
Global Background Screening has partnered with LetsGetChecked to provide STD tests right in the comfort of your home.
Use promo code: GBS20 to receive 20% off!
The testing kits are delivered at your doorstep for you to take samples that are taken for testing. The results are sent back to you between 2-5 days.
This option works internationally. If you are from the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, Switzerland, Norway, Russia, and UAE, you can order a home testing kit that will be sent to you.
With Global Background Screening, you have no reason not to get tested. Your health is important, and as you are responsible for taking care of it, we have taken care of your worries. Now you can order an STD test without anyone knowing.