As more and more people get vaccinated against COVID-19, many non-essential businesses have reopened. Still, running a business during the pandemic isn’t easy. Whether you operate an office, retail store, manufacturing facility, or warehouse, it’s your responsibility as a business owner to protect your employees and customers from contracting the virus.
Here are some tips to help you keep everyone safe!
Take Steps to Avoid Legal Trouble
COVID-19 introduces new liabilities to business owners. Educate yourself on these issues and take action to prevent potential problems.
● Consider potential legal issues before reopening your business.
● Set up your business as an LLC to shield yourself and your business assets from legal liability.
● Implement a personal protective equipment (PPE) management plan to ensure PPE equipment is used consistently and properly.
● Post flyers on your front door or windows notifying the public that you’re adhering to CDC or state-mandated guidelines. You can also have brochures explaining your dedication to safety on the front counter. Take the burden of creating these materials off your shoulders by using an online flyer maker to create custom flyers.
Implement Best Practices for Workplace Safety
There are a number of things you can do to protect your staff and customers from contracting COVID-19 at your workplace.
● Improve workplace ventilation to lower the risk of viral transmission.
● Invest in sneeze barriers to facilitate social distancing in retail stores and on manufacturing lines.
● If you operate a restaurant, set up a patio so you can offer a safe dining experience.
● Learn how to sanitize and disinfect surfaces properly.
Take Advantage of Technology
Online tools and mobile apps can help you limit person-to-person contact and monitor the health of your workers.
● Use apps to monitor the health of your employees and allow staff members to self-report symptoms.
● Create an online employee training program to minimize human interaction in the workplace.
● Implement contactless tech solutions to limit physical exchanges between employees and customers.
Partner with a Compliant Background Check Services
Whether you're hiring an employee/contractor or working with a new vendor, partnering with a trusted background screening service can save you from
● Screen new Vendors through business background checks for Disqualified Director lists and Money Laundering Financial Crime Searches to make sure you're not partnering with the wrong business.
● Check your employee's social media profiles for up to 12 risk factors from your that could tarnish your business online with a social media background check.
● Are you hiring contractor or employees around the world? Order an international background check and verify past employers, criminal records and even their identity through Global Background Screening, LLC's easy platform.
Business owners have a lot to think about when it comes to pandemic safety. As the vaccine continues to roll out across the United States, you'll have an easier time protecting people from the virus. But don't let your guard down yet! Incorporate social distancing, cleaning, and other safety practices to ensure your staff members feel safe.
Improve your hiring process and protect your business with background checks from Global Background Screening. Call 855-561-5890 to get started!